Hospice Care Center
Comfort | Quality | Peace of Mind
A place for Hospice patients who need a higher level of care in a setting that feels like home.
The Hospice Care Center | 937 Blackford Street | Chattanooga, TN 37403
Our Hospice of Chattanooga Care Center is a place of comfort where our patients can find short-term, around-the-clock nursing care to manage pain and physical symptoms.
It’s also a place where families can find emotional and spiritual support, as well as the peace of mind that comes from knowing their loved one is in good hands. Our 24-hour nursing and support staff are specially trained and highly skilled in meeting the individual needs of our hospice patients.Some reasons to consider a stay at our inpatient unit include:
- If pain or symptoms cannot be controlled effectively at home, and the patient requires short-term symptom management and specialized pain control.
- If the patient needs specialized wound management care.
The Hospice Care Center is conveniently located in downtown Chattanooga just across the street from the Erlanger Hospital Emergency Room entrance.
What You Can Expect
- A home-like environment with comfortable patient rooms and dedicated gathering areas for families.
- Coordination between the patient’s personal physician and our hospice Medical Director, who will oversee the plan of care.
- Nurses on-site around the clock, every day of the year.
- Social workers and spiritual care coordinators to care for the emotional and spiritual needs of both patient and family.
- Provision of medications, medical supplies and equipment related to the patient’s hospice diagnosis.
- Ongoing grief counseling and bereavement support for 13 months following the loss of a loved one.
- An environment that welcomes visitors 24 hours a day.
- As part of the hospice benefit, if you qualify for this level of care, these services are 100% covered by Medicare and most Medicaid and commercial insurances.
Features and Amenities
- Staffed solely by hospice professionals who are specialists in pain control and symptom management
- Hospice physician and hospice nurse practitioner on-site daily to oversee medical care
- 14 private patient rooms
- Foldout recliner in each patient room for additional sleeping
- Beautiful, spacious family room, complete with flat screen tv, Wifi, and a full kitchen
- Caregiver training and education
- Center open to family 24/7
The Hospice Care Center Staff
- Hospice physician
- Registered nurses
- Certified nursing assistants
- Social worker
- Grief counselor
- Trained volunteers